Friday, August 04, 2006

Books

I snagged this book meme from Dr. Flea. It looked so fun I wanted to do it even if I wasn't tagged.

1. The Book That Changed My Life - I'm in fourth grade, I finish my work early. I wander over to the book shelf and pick up a plain yellow copy of Ramona the Brave by Beverly Cleary. I'm bored so I open it and start to read. Next thing I know, i'm in the playground with Beezus and Ramona, totally caught up in a story. Wow! Reading is actually fun?? I have not taken my proverbial nose out of a book since.
2. A Book I've Read More Than Once - All my books by L.M Montgomery. I have probably read the Anne of Green Gables series at least 4 times.
3. A Book I'd Want With Me on a Desert Island - My Bible for sure. Second choice would be some sort of survival manual.
4. A Book That Made Me Laugh - The Tightwad Gazette by Amy Dacyczyn. This book is not only chalk full of ways to save $$, but she is also an entertaining author. Also, I'm reading Ribsy by Beverly Cleary to the boys right now and her books are always good for a chuckle.
5. A Book That Made Me Cry - Let's Roll by Lisa Beamer. She lost her husband on Flight 93 on September 11. For some crazy reason I read this book when I was pregnant.
6. A Book I Wish Had Been Written - More about Anne or even her children, or maybe a sequeal to Pride and Prejudice.
7. A Book I Wish Had Never Been Written - Babywise by Gary Ezzo
8. A Book I Am Currently Reading - Uncle Tom's Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe
9. A Book I Am Meaning To Read - Seven years ago my parents and I traveled to Missouri to see Jeremiah graduate from basic training. A tour guide in Branson mentioned the book Shepherd of the Hills by Harold Bell Wright which is set in the Ozark mountains. Supposedly, it portrayed the region in such a positive light that it drew many people there. So I purchased the book...and have been meaning to read it since.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

Ooooh I loved Ramona! That was one of the first books I remember reading too!

2:40 PM  
Blogger andria said...

Beezus and Ramona were my favorites as a child. I remember feeling the same way reading it the first time.

3:37 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Loved Anne oF Green Gables...and Beverly Cleary. If you want a tear-jerker, read "The Lovely Bones", by Alice Seabold. Man, I cried like a baby. Unfortunately, I can't get into reading much anymore--just don't have much time I guess ;)

8:07 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

I read that one Beth! It was a good one.

9:11 PM  
Blogger Genevieve said...

Anne of Green Gables - also some of my favorites! I need to re-read them soon I think. I really want to do the Anne of Green Gables tour on PEI!

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home