Friday, July 21, 2006

Blueberries!

One of the things we look forward to the most during summer. Every year we vow to pick as many as we can, every year we wish we would of picked more. As the boys get older and easier to keep track of, and as they themselves pick more berries, we find our pails getting a little more full. This year we have a lot. Even though we gorged ourselves on the way home we still have some left for freezing and sharing with neighbors. If you have any blueberry recipes, please share!


Elijah was a busy little bee today. He worked constantly and filled his pail. Isaac likes to chat and Sammy likes to eat so their pails weren't quite as full.
Posted by Picasa

7 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

Yum! Yum! I wish I knew of blueberry and strawberry patches around here. Maybe I need to ask around...

3:33 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

You could try your local classifieds. We go to a local u-pick farm.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Me said...

How fun! I'd rather do that with blackberries though :)

4:13 PM  
Blogger andria said...

Those are great pictures.

You can try allrecipes.com and plug in blueberries and you should be able to find a bunch. We picked lots of blackberries and mulberries when we were in WV. I am much sad about having to buy them in the store now.

6:37 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

Andria,
I've already been to allrecipes.com. Love that site! I'm thinking blueberry cheesecake...I just need to go get a few ingredients.

Beth, I love blackberries too. And rasberries. There is a u-pick rasberry farm I want to hit.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Kate O'Brien said...

those blueberries look delicious! We always make blueberry pancakes -that is about all I know how to do with blueberries!

12:20 AM  
Blogger Genevieve said...

yum! oh, blueberry cheesecake sounds good! You could also do um, muffins and put them in salad (with a nice vinegrette)

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home