Monday, July 17, 2006

Tails From the Vet

Today we brought Bobby to the vet for his first round of shots. We explained to the boys that it was just like going to the doctor, only for dogs. Elijah asked, quite seriously, if a person was going to check the puppy or would it be a dog on two legs. I'm still laughing as I write this.

And if you think that's funny...

The examination was going just fine. The boys all got to listen to the heartbeat, everything was looking just dandy. Than she looked up and asked "How would you feel if...well...if this was a Bobby Sue?"

"He's a girl??" We asked.

"Yes" She answered, looking a little nervous as if we might reject him -errr- her because he turned out to be a she.

A bit of a mix up at the breeders house. We thought Sammy was carrying the male. Guess not.

Elijah would not be convinced though. "She has a dinger!" He argued.

Yeah, so now we are trying to decide if we are going to change his ---errr---her name. Jeremiah suggested we change it from Bobby to Bobbi, but I say change it so we can talk some girl names for once.

Just this morning I was wondering when he was going to start lifting his leg to pee!

12 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

LOL That cracks me up! A dog on two legs checking another dog? Oh, kids say such cute things- you better write that one down!

Well, can't believe Mr. Bobby is a girl. Elijah sounds like a ham. Dinger? Oh I can't stop laughing! Thanks for making my day!!!

6:32 PM  
Blogger BekahJoy said...

Well now the house ratio is 2 girls:5 boys... haha :)

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That reminds me of my parents cat -- the male named Rosemary! It was a similar situation -- kitty identified as a female, turned out to be a male but by then Rosemary was his/her name. On the other hand Bobby is so new to your household and you could use someone else around with a girly name!

7:45 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

OMG! Amie, that's too funny! I can't believe Mr. Darcy is a girl! LOL Well, we have a male cat named Rita....hubby said he was a girl. I took his word for it! I think the pup is young enough to change her name if you wanted to. At my house, not only are all four kids boys but all 3 dogs are males as is our bunny! OYE! Testosterone overload!

8:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! A girl! And just this morning, I was telling my boss' secretary (also a mother of four boys) that you had another male in the household. I hope you choose a wonderful, girly name! :-)

8:44 PM  
Blogger DDanielle said...

OMG....I really have not many words for that. Well one, a dog being the actual vet is to funny. My grandma once mistaken her cat for a boy, then we realized he was a she when she was pregnant....But a dog...I guess I could see that happening.
Yes you should pick a nice girly name:-)

8:49 AM  
Blogger Genevieve said...

Elizabeth Bennett, perhaps?

This is a hilarious story!

10:02 AM  
Blogger DDanielle said...

ohhh I like Elizbeth Bennet! You could call her Lizzie, that is good pet name, not overused.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Choppzs said...

oh wow!! well amie, there's your girl!! lol now you can tell everyone that asks you if you are going to keep going till you have a girl that you already have one!!

12:06 PM  
Blogger Me said...

At least that's finally one for your corner!

3:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL to the boys.

I am a little confused on how you didn't know it was a girl. Didn't anyone look???

I agree with Jeremiah on the name. A cute name to go with a cute story.

4:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is funny!! When we brought our Mr. Darcy (the cat) home, we'd been told he was a 2-3 year old female. So he was going by Sophie for a week and a half, until our vet informed us that he was a 9-month old male. (No wonder he was psycho - we'd been insulting his manhood for days at that point, lol.) And I'm with Becca - you are now gaining in the gender ratio!!
:-)

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home