Monday, March 20, 2006

Misc. Monday

  • Samuel is a very affectionate little guy. He loves to give kisses, especially to Jonah. I've noticed I can often tell what Sammy's been eating by the smell (or crumbs) of Jonah's head. This morning, poor Jonah had a huge clump of snot in his hair. "hmmm" I thought "Sams must need his nose wiped...or actually he probably doesn't anymore."
  • Strawberries are on sale this week at Meijer. Its always the same, you try and find the package with the least amount of unripe strawberries hidden (and they do try to hide them) at the bottom. This always frustrates me because i've picked a lot of strawberries growing up and it was drilled into us which ones to pick/not pick. We would of been in big trouble if we tried selling strawberries like they do in the store.
  • We stopped at Target today to refill Sammy's prescription. It took 40 minutes! Come on, its an inhaler! Nothing to mix,count,poor...just toss it in a bag. Or better yet, just let us buy it OTC.
  • There is a radio show here in the mornings where they talk about local news and people can call in and comment. The last two times we listened the same guy called in and mentioned "the other fellows I talk to at Home Depot". He made it sound as if old guys get together and talk conspiracys and such...at Home Depot. Not only that, but these "Home depot guys" are apparently very wise and we should heed their advice.

11 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

That's funny that Jonah smells like what Sammy eats. I was just thinking today how affectionate Gabriel is. Wonder how he'll be with a little sibling, if the time ever comes!

We've been munching on strawberries too. Yum, yum. You really do have to be careful which package to pick.

Guess those Home Depot guys know what they're talkng about;) How goofy!

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those nasty strawberries at the bottom get me riled up! I like to go to Whole Foods - where I can choose my own strawberries, darn it.

Those Home Depot guys with their great wisdom and advice - it's all a big conspiracy to make people think they can fix stuff they shouldn't dream about messin' with!
:-)

6:35 PM  
Blogger Me said...

That's funny about Sammy with Jonah's head...and even more funny about the snot :)

And didn't you know at Home Depot "we can do it and they can help"?

9:16 PM  
Blogger Choppzs said...

mmmmmm,nothing like some snot first thing in the morning from big brother!! lol Zachary isn't into the whole kissing thing yet, just poking Seth's eyes out!! lol If he was though, i would be finding the snot because all our noses are excessively runny right now!!

9:58 PM  
Blogger Full Contact, Savior-centric Livin said...

Sammy's a pretty smart guy to get rid of that snot on Jonah instead of his shirt. My boys just wear theirs around until I get tired of seeing it and make them go change!

You inspired my post today, so I added a link to your blog. It includes some simple recipes.

11:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like your Miscellanenous Monday notes. :-) And I agree about the strawberries!

Regarding the prescription, does Target's pharmacy give you the option to call ahead (at least for refills)? I always call my pharmacy beforehand so they have time to get things together and then I don't have to wait.

1:03 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

Sandy,
They do have that option and we will most definately be using it next time. Also,our insurance has a mail order option where you can get three months for two co-pays. Hopefully we can do that.

1:12 PM  
Blogger DDanielle said...

Dang, strawberry picking in your family must have been serious business. I just had a nice strawberry snack myself.

4:44 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

Denise,
It was for several years when I was little. My grandparents grew them.

5:15 PM  
Blogger Dreaming again said...

Aime, followed you from Moof's blog, after noticing that we, like you and Moof, visit a lot of the same blogs.

My oldest son's name is Samuel ..he's 16 now ... boy I miss those wonderful baby smells! (trust me, teenaged boys do not smell nearly as nice!!!)

Nice blog, adorable children! And a purpose to live for!(Under your name)

Pk

2:23 AM  
Blogger Jay said...

We always picked our own berries, so now buying strawberries at the supermarket really depresses me.

3:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home