Wednesday, January 25, 2006

It Takes a Village to Build a Tabernacle

This month I am reading Genesis and Exodus. Did you know Judith and Asher are Biblical names? I didn't. Anyways, I just finished reading about God's intructions to Moses about building the tabernacle. Something that stood out was that he specifically called for a perfumer and an embroiderer. Could you imagine being the perfumer or the embroiderer chosen? What an honor. It just made me realize that whatever our job is, we should be doing our absolute best because we never know when God is going to say I need a (insert your talent here) for this job, and wouldn't it be an honor to be the one chosen? Wouldn't it be a shame if we didn't develop and use our gifts because we are too busy wishing we had another gift?

9 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Good point. So true!

10:21 PM  
Blogger eph2810 said...

You are absolutely right. God is always looking for someone to be His hands and feet. :) I love to lead women's Bible study and it is such a job to see women's faces light up when we digg into His word. It is the most
precious thing we have - His word.

Amie, I am so happy that you leave a comment on my blog at least once a week, because at least I know that I have people actually reading my posts. To your question about the carnival - send me an email and I'll explain it to you. I don't want to take up the space in your comment section for it :). My email is: eph2810[at]gmail.com. I would love to host your entry for next week's carnival :). I think you will enjoy it as much as I do...

10:25 PM  
Blogger eph2810 said...

I meant 'joy' not 'job' - sorry about that -

10:26 PM  
Blogger Genevieve said...

isn't Asher son of Jacob, Joseph of the colored coat's brother? (I only know that because of the musical Joseph & the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat) I don't know who Judith is, though!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Amie said...

Thats right Genevieve! Points for you today :D

11:13 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Very true, very true!

3:00 PM  
Blogger C said...

I'm reading thru chronologically this year. I'm just now starting to pour through Exodus. We'll have to swap notes.

Oh! Check out my post today. Surely you've got a messy little nook!

4:54 PM  
Blogger Jeska said...

Good perspective. I love the name Asher!

2:34 PM  
Blogger sarah cool said...

What a good entry!! My Small Group is taking 2 months to study Exodus - very interesting! I love how it can apply to today, 2006, even when it seems like such a long time ago.

3:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home