Friday, January 13, 2006

Resolution 06

I still haven't posted my resolutions. Its a little late (according to Jeremiah) but I want to be able to refer back to this next year and see how I did. Most of them apply to changes for the whole family.

1. Less sugar. I will be happy with any reduction.
2. More flax seed oil. I just have to find away to make it palatable for the boys. I tried sneaking it in Sammy's oatmeal one day and he promptly pushed the bowl away.
3. Try a new meal at least every two weeks. I found that every week was pretty challenging, and I don't want to set myself up for failure.
4. Increase fruits and vegtables. Is there anybody who doesn't need to?
5. Cut the boys hair more often. Practice makes perfect.
6. Read the Whole Bible.
7. Spend more time cleaning every day. I tend to skip days and do massive cleanups at once.
8. Send more emails & written correspondence. I love getting them myself, so I should extend that to others.
9. Start some light weight lifting. Muscle is good.
10. Go shopping less.

I think these are all practical, attainable goals. Knowing that I will be looking back next year to see how I did will give me some extra motivation.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a very interesting list! I am glad you shared it.

For the record, I don't need to eat more fruit :-), but more vegetables would be wise.

About flax seed oil... I took that for years, and there are some brands that are a lot less yucky than others. I found Omega Nutrition Flax Seed Oil was the easiest to tolerate (you can order it from the company). I still just took it straight off a spoon though -- my thought was, why spoil a perfectly good meal with something that will make it taste less perfect. It is a blood thinner, so I can't take it anymore, which quite frankly, I'm not too upset about. :-D

Good luck with your resolutions!

12:40 PM  
Blogger Risa said...

I can definately ditto your #7! BUT...like you said, I don't like to set myself up for failure so... :) Baby steps...:) (like that new Snapple commercial!)

9:22 PM  
Blogger Me said...

I need to clean more too, but after getting home from work, all I wanna do is sit and spend time with Grace. So, consider me guilty of doing big cleanups at once.

Ditto to the exercise part too.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

THat's a really great list, and I do think you can do it!
I'm one of those who does my cleaning in big batches too. WOUldn't it be so much easier if we just did it every day so we didn't HAVE to do it that way!
Thanks for sharing, I might have to pick up some of those for myself!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

I need less sugar and more fruits and veggies too. I am way too addicted to chocolate. I hope you succeed in all your efforts!

12:34 PM  
Blogger Gary &amp said...

sounds like u have a plan for your year. now the work comes to try to follow thru huh? so tell me what's with flax seed oil? maybe we should take it too?

12:56 PM  
Blogger Choppzs said...

I think my resolution should be to clean LESS!! lol I am pretty sure I have OCD when it comes to cleaning. I clean everyday, but yet on weekends, I still insist on doing a major overhaul to the whole house (Chris is always saying it doesn't need it, it's already clean or something)So as I clean here and there during the week, I should be telling myself that the weekend should be to spend more time with hubby and kids when he gets to be home!!

I could do with less sugar too for our family, and less eating out!! lol

10:39 AM  
Blogger Amie said...

Flaxseed oil is a fatty oil (healthy fat). I'm mostly concerned about getting it in Sammy's diet because he cannot eat dairy or nuts, two main sources of fat.

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home