Monday, January 09, 2006

Sometimes the Mundane is Worth Writing About...

Normally we go grocery shopping all together and its usually quite enjoyable. Today, I decided to bring the boys by myself because...well...I was bored. I put Jonah in the snugli and got one of those grocery carts with the attached bench. One mom saw me and said "I feel silly for complaining about two!" I was prepared for battle, for whining, bickering, potty breaks, and general boyishness. What I wasn't prepared for was...

Four very well behaved boys. Jonah promptly fell asleep. The other boys sat and fooled around with each other a bit, but nobody got off the cart, nobody cried, nobody whined!! We even got a couple compliments on their behavior. As we were leaving the store I thought "hey, it was supposed to be a lot harder than that!"

Thats what happens when you have four children. If we had went to the grocery store, had a crazy, exhausting experience, you would never of heard about it because that would of been just an ordinary experience for us. However, an errand with all four boys and myself that goes smoothly without even the slightest raise in blood pressure? That is worth posting about!

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

See miracles do happen everyday.;-) ;-)(LOL) We just have to know where to look for them. I thank my children everytime for their good behavior in the store. Like us they have their good and bad days, I just like to have the good when it's time to run errands.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

That's great that they did so well! It is nice when the children behave. Then the world tends to think, "Hmm, not all children are little monsters". They may at first see you are crazy with 'so many kids', but seeing how well-behaved they are...that really sets an example! Go boys!

2:42 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Boy, I sure would love to have a grocery shopping adventure like THAT! My guys are always arguing and asking for this or that. I try so hard to do all shopping of every kind with a maximum of 2 boys!

7:31 PM  
Blogger Choppzs said...

That's great! I am usually fighting Zachary to put things back on the shelves or in the cart, and telling Olivia "if you ask for that one more time, I am going to smack you!!" lol

9:03 AM  
Blogger DDanielle said...

So much to look forward to...and I thought taking Belle to the pet store was an adventure;-)

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup that sure is something to blog about...be proud of your boys. Sometimes they come through for us - the boys I mean. Just have one, but he was a handful when we moved to the US - he was just 5 than. You know, sometimes I miss my 'little' boy! *sigh*

11:51 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Even two can seem like too many when they're not acting good :-) But those are special - the days when one can enjoy our kids and feel that our efforts are not in vain!

5:40 PM  
Blogger no_average_girl said...

i am from a house full of girls, but i did think boys were supposed to be a handful! lol sounds like they have great examples of how they should act! :-)

btw, found you through eph2810! one of the sweetest, most wonderful people you'll meet in blogging!

5:50 AM  
Blogger DavidofOz said...

Congratulations! I have three boys and three girls and I enjoy taking them all shopping - even when the littlest one (1.5yo) has too many fingers! My wife gets a break at home and the children work out ways of getting me to add nice things to the shopping list. It's a day out with Dad.

6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home