Monday, October 17, 2005

Inside the Five Year Old Mind...

Here are a couple converstions that took place between me and Isaac today:

Isaac: Why do we say a ssssss sound when there is many?
Me: Um....what??
Isaac: Why do we say ssssss when there is many of something?
Me: Oh! Like shoes or cars?
Isaac: Yeah
(I then attempted to explain the concept of plurals)

~*~*~

Isaac: Want to hear what a word sounds like with no letters?
Me: Sure
Isaac: (a moment of silence)
Isaac: that's it, thats what a word without letters sounds like.
Me: Sounds right to me!

~*~*~
Isaac: How do babies eat when they are in the mama's belly?
Me: (very distracted with a fussy Jonah) What?Oh..um..the cord...
Isaac: But...they don't eat the cord!?

4 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

I had to chuckle at the words w/o letters thing. That's funny! He is right after all :)

8:00 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

LOL Isaac is so cute! He is going to be a smart one :D

8:41 AM  
Blogger Choppzs said...

I think he has hit the nail on the head with the word w/o letters thing too! It's so funny when they come up with those off the wall comments that you just can't help but laugh!

8:48 AM  
Blogger Kari said...

I agree,he's definately going to be a smart one! I love these things. I think it's great to wrtie down these little moments that make you laugh. Scott is 10, almost 11 and he still has these kind of moments. LOL.

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home