Sunday, July 10, 2005

Not A Happy Camper...

Three years ago my parents bought a 3-in-1 crib for my niece. The kind that goes from a crib, to a toddler bed, to a twin bed. We have been using the crib part for over two years since my niece was not using it. My parents happened to be going downstate for a wedding so I asked if they could bring the rails to make it a toddler bed. Sooooo we get the rails, and I spend all afternoon -a very hot afternoon I might add- taking apart the crib to put the toddler bed together for Sammy. Come to find out , after 2+ hours of sweating and snapping at the boys to get away and don't touch that screwdriver, that we don't have all the parts! My mom already told me that she did not have anymore parts so she hoped we already had everything. I searched and searched Graco's website for replacement parts, or even a manual, but they seem to have no recollection of ever making this crib even though it says GRACO on it. So I just ended up putting the whole thing away. Sammy has been sleeping in our pack-n-play for a few months since he learned to get out ( by falling) of the crib. However, we need to use the pack-n-play for the baby as it can also be a basinette. So, now what? Get Sammy a new toddler bed? Or buy some bed rails for the double bed in his room and let him sleep in that? It seems like such a waste to not be able to use a perfectly good toddler bed because we are missing 4 thingees.

4 Comments:

Blogger Admin said...

Maybe you can find the 4 parts on ebay or ask for a toddler bed on a local freecycle group? When William was ready to get out of the crib we used a regular twin bed we already had - it belonged to my dh when he was little - and used a bed rail for about 2 years.

1:23 AM  
Blogger Choppzs said...

We used a toddler bed for Olivia for about a year, then got her a twin bed. We just got the big removeable rails, since that's all a toddler bed is anyways, a smaller bed with rails. I would say just go with the bigger bed, and get some rails. At least you know you could re-use the rails anyways when Sammy is done and this baby is ready! Sit back and relax a bit too, you're to far pregnant to get stressed about this, take the easiest route possible!! I don't even have to be pregnant to do that! lol

10:31 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

I wonder if a hardware store might be able to help with the thingees you are missing :-) I'd be like you - frustrated at having a perfectly good bed that's just missing a few parts.

10:49 AM  
Blogger Me said...

I thought you were gonna say that your niece wanted it back or whatever, but this is still a pain in the butt! I'd get the bigger bed, too, and just get rails. That way you don't have to bother with switching a year later or whatever.

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home