Thursday, November 25, 2004

A Thanksgiving Day Poem for My Boys

With no one else in the world would I consider trading places;
for I love my own three sticky little faces.

Cars in the toilet, crayon on the wall;
life may be messy but we still have a ball.

Off the couch, off the chair, off the porch they go soaring;
one things for certain, life never is boring.

To one another, as brothers, they sometimes are thugs;
but for mommy there's blown kisses and sweet bear hugs.

Bursting with mischief and energy, yet wonderful and funny;
they turn even the darkest day from grey to bright and sunny.

Though they keep me moving, there's never a moment of rest;
of all the children in the world, I think mine are the best.

I'd like to take this moment and Thank God for the many joys,
that He sent to fill our life in the shape of little boys.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amie -- your poem is absolutely beautiful. Thank you sharing it! I hope your family has a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Sandy B.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Very sweet!!

4:14 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Hey Amie~ Wow, this poem is awesome. You really have a gift for writting. You are amazing.

1:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey amie this is Tanya,
did you write this poem? Man if you did..... whew..... you have an awesome talent. That was beautiful!!!! I wish I could put my thoughts together like that! You are full of surprises aren't you?

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home