Wednesday, September 15, 2004

A Penny Saved...

I'm a frugal mom. Look thru my cupboards and you will not find much besides Meijer cans and boxes (that were purchased on sale). Look thru my medicine cabinet and you will not find much more than Equate (Wal-mart) bottles and tubes. If there is a knock-off brand I will try it. Just about every item of clothing I purchase is 50% off the clearance price. I'm sure Jeremiah is tired of hearing "but its not on sale" (although he tells me he loves that I am thrifty.) I'm also learning that you can clean almost anything using water, vinegar and baking soda.

I recommend Amy Dacyczyn's The Tightwad Gazette to anybody interested in saving money. I agree with the author when she says that in a one income family, being thrifty is almost like generating another income.

With all that being said, there are a few items I have found that aren't quite up to par with the national brands. Meijer frozen pizza, Equate toothpaste, Target's knock-off of Pantene shampoo (although Sauve's is great), and Great Value zip lock bags.

I have also come to the conclusion that nothing works like Tide, although even Tide goes on sale!

Please feel free to post store brand items that you have found to work/or not work in the comments, I would love to hear.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to know that I am not the only person who has noticed that Equate Toothpaste is not up to par with the Brand names.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

Yes, its pretty icky! Although my mom claims her teeth don't feel gross in the morning when she uses it.

8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home