Thursday, September 02, 2004

Being a "Boy Mom"

Being a boy mom means:
  • Matchbox cars everywhere. I find them in our bed, in my dresser drawers, even in the fridge. The plus side is that stepping on a matchbox car is much easier on the foot than a lego.
  • Stepping over the wrestlers.
  • Having a 2 year old that can eat more than me.
  • Helping a 4 year old pee outside...in February (he insisted).
  • Having every single ambulance, fire truck, police car, towtruck ect. ect. pointed out to me.
  • Not sitting on the floor (your open game for the wrestlers that way)
  • Walking the extra distance in a parking lot so we can park by the cool "bug car" (VW Beetle).
  • Asking myself "Is this too girly?" before I buy any clothing for the boys.
  • Dirt. Enough said.
  • Oh yeah...I did mention the wrestling right?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*LOL*

TulipGirl
(mom of four boys)

3:23 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Hi - I love sharing the woes of being a mom of boys (especially only boys) :-) And not one of us would trade them for a minute, hee hee. I especially relate to not being able to sit on the floor without two tykes wrestling all over me.

9:56 PM  
Blogger J-Lynn said...

LOLOLOLOL!!! Even my 7yo does the wrestle-on-the-floor thing! In fact, I've learned if he is sitting on the bed and I walk by, I need to do it QUICKLY because he'll try to jump on my back...ROFL

Jess

mom of 2 boys and 2 girls!

11:03 PM  
Blogger Trish said...

*lol* I love all of these! Mine wrestle so much I wonder if they...or at least the house... will make it in one piece by the time they are 18.

My favorite lately has been my 6 year old confessing that he secretly likes girls.

Trish,

Mom of 3 boys

7:52 PM  
Blogger Nancy said...

You forgot-

Knowing the name of every Pokemon

Able to identify most skateboard tricks by name

Bruised shins from "play soccer with me, mom"

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home