Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Book Meme

Naomi tagged me for this meme. Of course, I can't resist a meme that involves books.

grab the nearest book, go to page 56, then starting at the 5th line, share 2 to 4 paragraphs. The idea is to not go searching, but seriously pick up the book closest to you...

This is going to be tricky, since the computer is right next to a bookshelf.

The nearest book (as far as I can tell) is Heroes of the Holocaust: Extraordinary True Accounts of Triumph as told to Arnold Geier.

Page 56, starting at line 5:

am leaving. " She yelled, "No, you are not! Go back to your work!" "But, but, Frau Birne....," I began. Her finger pointed to the door. "Go," she ordered, "get back to work."
I was furious. The anticipated visit was my personal holiday and I was looking forward to it with such longing. I thought about it as I completed the remaining chores, with bitterness in my heart.

There you go.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now THAT sounds intriguing... And there you go... you're funny... Hope you're having a luvverlee day...

7:22 AM  
Blogger Me said...

I have nothing "intriging" like that. All mine are kiddie books :)

8:09 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Sounds like a good book. :)

Love your family pic btw. All the kids looking at the camera and pleasant to boot...what an accomplishment! :)

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home