Thursday, September 06, 2007

School

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Three days of school in so far. It's going really well. I was pregnant for pretty much the whole school year last year, and I forgot how much more patience and energy I have when I'm not pregnant. I was pretty nervous about teaching more than one this year, but I actually like it better. Isaac always had a hard time concentrating when his brothers where off playing, so he tends to relax when they are at the table with him.

Another good choice was not to buy a curriculum. We were given some really good materials last year, so I'm taking what I like out of those as well as finding things to supplement them. So all in all, I think we're all enjoying school so far.

I did start Sam in kindergarten this year along with Elijah. He is holding his own. I do cut him some slack but I think he will do okay.

This morning when Elijah answered a question really well I felt like saying "good job! 5 points for Gryffindor"

6 Comments:

Blogger Kelli said...

I would love to award you 20 points just for making me laugh. :)

1:34 PM  
Blogger Anna said...

Your boys look so cute sitting at the table doing school work!

8:27 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

I'm glad things are going well for you too. I kept checking back to see how it was all going. We are really enjoying our year too.

12:32 AM  
Blogger Genevieve said...

ohhh, I love the idea of giving out house points!!

9:50 AM  
Blogger Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

Is it not amazing to think of the amount of energy pregnancy takes? Except when you remember that you are building a kid cell by cell! It's amazing we have energy for anything else!

I think it is wonderful how your boys work together! They look seriously engaged in the picture.

How about 5 points for each house, with a bonus for Gryffendor?

5:23 PM  
Blogger Risa said...

Looks like fun! I can't wait to get our stuff and get on with school! :)

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home