Monday, September 03, 2007

Back to Muggle Land

Not that any of you probably noticed, but I have scarcely been at the computer these last two weeks. I have been reading all seven of the Harry Potter books, I finished the last one at 4:00 a.m. this morning (yes, it was that good!) I have been wanting to see what all the fuss was about for years, but I am glad I waited because I would of went crazy waiting over a year between books! Like I said, my motivation was primarily to see what all the fuss was about as most of my favorite bloggers have read the series (and I am so grateful to all of them for not letting any spoilers slip). Seems that people either loved the books, or they think Harry Potter is the devil in disguise (ironically, usually those same people like LOTR) and I wanted to see for myself.

I did not expect to enjoy them so much! I do not remember caring about fictional characters so much since I read the Anne of Green Gables series way back in Jr. High. And I guess this shows how old I'm getting, but the character I identified the most with was Mrs. Weasly! :D Wouldn't it be nice to be able to send a howler once in awhile?

I can't think of a better way to end my summer then having two weeks of such enjoyable reading. I think I have mentioned before that sometimes I wish you could erase books from your brain just so you could read them again for the first time.

I finished just in time to get everything ready for school tomorrow. Yup, we're starting school tomorrow.

6 Comments:

Blogger Dana said...

I am one of those who fall into the "LOVE THEM" category. I just wish Harry Potter had been my idea. They are such easy to get into books. I'm glad you enjoyed them.

3:16 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

I haven't gotten into HP or LOTR. We'll be starting school tomorrow too. Will be interesting trying to teach two... I'm excited yet nervous.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

What a great way to spend the last weekend before school!

I am one those that loves Harry Potter and LOTR. But I was not that thrilled with Narnia. I guess we all have our oddities!

Good luck with the new chapter of home education. Do give yourself some leeway in the schedule to love up on your beautiful daughter!

8:35 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

I am also one who loves the HP series. But, man, you flew through them. I will be finishing the 5th book tonight and I started like the beginning of August. (But I slipped a Beverly Lewis book in there). I am so thankful that I started reading them 'late' also. I would have hated waiting between the books. I usually get them from the library, but I went ahead and bought the 6th book already to read on our california vacation coming up.

9:59 PM  
Blogger Genevieve said...

oh, so glad you liked HP! They are very fun books and I am planning to re-read the whole series now that it's complete.

good luck with school!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Kether said...

Aren't they wonderful? Isn't it funny HP and Anne are both orphans...and you and I both love both series.
As you know i love love love HP. THe books are fantastic, and I could never understand why people thought they were evil. Especially LOTR and CS LEwis fans...

I'm rereading them all now. I miss them already.

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home