Monday, April 09, 2007

Boring

One would think I would blog all the time on bedrest, I certainly have the time. The truth is that bedrest is depressing, at least to me. I feel useless and lazy. Physically, I feel perfect which makes it all the more frustrating*. Poor Mary Jane just sits and stares at me sometimes and I know she is wondering why I don't take her on walks anymore. I've never been one to let pregnancy slow me down, and the idea that I might have weeks of restricted activity ahead makes me want to crawl out of my skin. I have to keep reminding myself why i'm doing it, and that the end result is what matters.

It doesn't help that it mine as well be January outside, that is depressing too.

On Saturday I asked Isaac what I should do. "Do what you did yesterday" he said.

"What was that?" I asked.

"Remember? You were tying those ropes together with those sticks" (Knitting).

Last night after the boys were tucked in to bed, Jeremiah thought it would be safe to bring Mary Jane for a walk. Five minutes after he left Elijah and Sammy started screaming bloody murder in their bedroom. Of course I come running upstairs, but there door is locked. I have no idea what they are screaming about behind the door (imagining awful things of course), and it feels like an eternity before I can get the door open. Turns out, they were screaming because they couldn't open the door. I don't even want to think about what my bp was after that little episode.

I do have an appointment today but it's not with my main OB. It's just to check to make sure things are still stable (which I'm pretty sure they are). At least I will be able to leave the house for a little bit!

*That is why millions of people walk around with sky-high blood pressure without knowing it. If you haven't had your bp checked in awhile...do it!

5 Comments:

Blogger Genevieve said...

I'm glad you're home again, but sorry you are still on bedrest! It seems to me that it would be very frustrating. I hope the time goes by quickly...

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think bedrest would be pretty depressing to anyone. And I know how active you usually are, so it has to be especially hard. *hugs*

I'm glad things are going OK with your body and hopefully the doctor visit will show things are good. Hang in there! Let us know what we can do to entertain you!

11:29 AM  
Blogger Risa said...

Remember after HS I stayed with my Aunt Suzy to take care of Lydia for the summer when she was pregnant and on bed rest? That was interesting and she also said it was extremely boring.

I hope everything goes well today with your OB and I'm glad you are home. At least you don't have to stay in a horrible hospital bed! :)

1:20 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

I am sure it is pretty boring. Do you have a bunch of library books to read and other craftsy projects? Something to keep busy...but if I know you there's a stack of books to read. Why is it when we're forced to rest we don't want to, but when we're not we'd love the chance to lie in bed endlessly. Let us know how your appointment went!

8:49 PM  
Blogger Elisheva Hannah Levin said...

Hey, Amie,

I was on bedrest for four weeks and it did seem like eternity. It was during the winter holidays--which meant I missed the Hannukah festival, etc.

It did get pretty boring. I found that hands on projects--crocheting, working on Hebrew vocabulary interspersed with reading of watching TV broke the time up more effectively than doing one thing all day. I LIVED for visitors, some of whom were extremely funny and broke up the boredom.

Finally, three days before my due date, I went in for a non-stress test and told the DR. that he was going to induce or I'd....I never finished. He sent me over to the hospital that afternoon and N. was born six hours later.

Good luck!

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home