Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Our $150 Couch

Until now, our family room was just a huge room with some toys in it. On Sunday, some friends from church gave us a beautiful entertainment center that was in perfect shape (it just wasn't big enough for their new tv). Yesterday, there was a sectional couch in the paper for $150. This is perfect for our downstairs. Besides fading and few little tears, this couch is in really good shape. Why spend $1500 + for something when you have four small boys? Eventually, I will make some slip covers for it. Now our downstairs has been transformed into another living area. The boy's toys are behind the couch (there is still another half of the room behind there), but I'm going to be doing a lot of re-arranging. I think I will move my sewing table there, and move all their toys into the den and make that a playroom instead. Posted by Picasa

9 Comments:

Blogger kelly jeanie said...

Wow, that looks wonderful from here. It looks like the perfect couch for some slip covers. Will you be documenting them on your other blog? I'd love to see how you do that.

11:35 AM  
Blogger Amie said...

Yes, I will be sure to document it. Actually, I started measuring and making the pattern already. I want to make a very nice form fitting slip cover, as opposed to the "one size fits all" that you find in the store. I'm pretty excited about this project :D

12:37 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Great couch. You can't beat the price. Looks like it's plenty big enough for the whole fam to sit and relax! I totally understand not wanting to buy new when you have 4 small boys. We made the mistake of buying a new sofa and loveseat and they've suffered greatly!

1:29 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Don't ya just love when the Lord blesses us like that! What a great find! Can't wait to see your slipcovers!

3:41 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

AWESOME!

4:30 PM  
Blogger Me said...

That's awesome! And slip covers should be a breeze and they'll make it look like new! Great deal!

6:24 PM  
Blogger Choppzs said...

Yah, that definitaly is a great buy! I too want to see your slipcover project. Can't wait to see how they turn out.

7:05 PM  
Blogger Kate O'Brien said...

What a great find! I can't wait to see the slipcovers. I tried making a slipcover for a chair of ours several times and it never came out right. You actually know how to sew however, and I can't wait to see the finished product!

7:41 PM  
Blogger Genevieve said...

it looks perfect for you guys!

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home