Saturday, March 11, 2006

Spring

This afternoon I wasted precious time going thru my Emily of New Moon trilogy to find a quote. I remember her teacher critiquing her poetry and telling her that the subject of Spring has been written to death. Alas, he wasn't talking about Spring, but June. Since I was going to write about Spring, not June, its not relevent but after all the energy I expended to find the stinking quote I had to mention it.

Where was I going with this? Oh right, Spring. Its great isn't it? Why don't we celebrate the New Year now? It seems more appropriate. Anyway, for our family it boils down to one thing: outside. Its not that the boys don't play outside in the winter, but do you know what it's like to spend 30 minutes dressing them so they can play outside for 20 minutes? Spring marks the reversal of that, 5 minutes to dress, hours to play outside. It means bike rides and walks that are good for tiring out little people.

An ounce of energy burned outside is worth a pound burned inside...or something like that.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

Spring, it is like summer here! Yesterday we had the kids in the sprinkler! I'm glad you all are enjoying some warm weather also. It would be the pits to try to bundle everybody up like that in cold weather, I can't even imagine!

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree on the new-year-now idea. My b-day is this week, and I told my husband last friday at lunch that I wanted to treat it like a new year's day for myself! I guess I'm lucky to have a spring birthday.

9:30 AM  
Blogger Genevieve said...

yay! playing outside is so much more fun when it's nice out.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Yes, I can't wait until we get the bikes out and I can sit in the sun watching the kids play outside. So relaxing!

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup - I was thinking myself that now is the time to be making resolutions... when the weather gives one some hope!

1:22 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Spring IS the greatest, isn't it? I just love when things warm up a bit and the rain stops long enough to get some real exercize in for the guys. I just wish we were all allergy free! The boys all have seasonal allergies as do I. The bit of suffering we do with the allergies is so worth the fun times we have outdoors!

3:35 PM  
Blogger Jill Corwin said...

I evn saw Jeremiah "playing" basketball outside the other day when I drove by.

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home