Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Misc...

  • Yesterday, when Elijah was in a surly mood I invented a new game. It's called "try to look at Jonah without smiling." None of the boys could do it. (Note that Jonah himself must be in a good mood or it doesn't work.)
  • Today as I was putting my contacts in, somewhere between my right eye and my left eye my brain forgot that I was putting contacts in, not taking them out. I would be embarrased to tell you how many times I jabbed at my eyeball before I came back to reality.
  • Yesterday, Elijah told me I was Mary Jane.
  • What did people use to make pie crust before shortening existed? Lard?
  • At some point they are going to discover the mutant gene responsible for not being able to return library books on time. I have it.
  • We are currently out of chocolate. Earlier, Sammy came and handed me a perfectly wrapped Nestle Treasure (the kind with caramel inside). Where he found this, I have no idea. For all I know it miraculously appeared in his little paw along with a voice telling him to bring it to me. Maybe I should of sold it on e-bay as miracle chocolate, but I ate it instead.

8 Comments:

Blogger Risa said...

My favorite pie crust recipe uses lard! :)

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmmm..never thought of shortening....lol.....Yes, I was taught to use lard--it was my Great Grandmother's recipe.
Lisa
at
http://www.bloglines.com/blog/HopewellMomSchool

3:00 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

Lisa,
You have a great blog. I looked for a place to comment or email but didn't find one. Your list on turning 44 was great!

3:15 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Making pie crust? What's that? LOL.

Uh oh...out of chocolate? I'm always out of chocolate so I know the feeling :)

3:32 PM  
Blogger ninjapoodles said...

Yup, lard. Ecch. Shortening doesn't get into our home, either, so for something like pie crust, I'd have to use Spectrum spread or, more likely, Spectrum's "non-hydrogenated shortening," which is purely palm oil, which I also use to make soap!

And I am still trying to process FOUR. BOYS. AT ONCE. My friend gretchen (gretchenknits.blogspot.com) has 7 SEVEN kids, and I'm simultaneously awestruck, jealous, and frightened!

3:36 PM  
Blogger Genevieve said...

see, that's why I'd be scared to wear contacts. (that, and I don't even wear glasses, so it'd be kind of silly for me to wear contacts!)

4:19 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Ok, MJ...not sure I have attempted to make homeade pie crust. Things with flour, like crusts and breads just don't seem to turn out for me. I can NEVER run out of chocolate here. Just the other day I sent Zach on a special mission- Walmart. Chocolate. Mission accomplished;)

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have that gene too - it's mentioned in my 100 things as a matter of fact! (at least I think it is...)

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home