Wednesday, January 04, 2006

2005: A Look back through my eyes

Jamie tagged me for this reflection of the year 2005.

What did you do in 2005 that you've never done before?
Collected Sammy's poop for tests. Very disgusting.

Did you keep your New Year's resolutions and will you make more for next year?
I don't think I did. I will for this year though, goals are good to have.

Did anyone close to you give birth?
Do I count?! Lets see... Vicki, Kim, Courtney, Rachel, Me,Katie, Andrea and Melissa. And about ten other women I would consider friends but not "close".

Did anyone close to you die?
No.

What countries did you visit?
None.

What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
More living space.

What date from 2005 will remain etched in your memory and why?
August 6th...Jonah's bday. I still remember the pleasant surprise I felt when they immediately handed him to me. Because of complications and a c-section I had never been handed my baby that quickly.

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Learning to knit (5 days ago!)

What was your biggest failure?
Giving Sammy that piece of white chocolate that caused a huge reaction. Oh yeah..and getting Beth her dish lid back...

Did you suffer illness or injury?
Anybody remember the lovely wasp stings??

What was the best thing you bought?
My mom's sewing machine for Christmas. It was so nice to buy something for her I know she really wanted. Parents can be so hard to buy for.

Where did most of your money go?
Well, bills or savings. Most frivilous spending went to kid's clothes.

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Besides having my own baby (thats a given)...When my friend Tanya finally got pregnant after a long hard road (its a girl!!!)

What scripture is a theme of 2005?
So then, whether you eat or drink (change diapers, homeschool) or whatever you may do, do all for the honor and glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

Compared to this time last year are you:
a. Happier or sadder? Happier.
b. Thinner or fatter? Thinner!! (Okay, okay, it doesn't count since I was pregnant this time last year)
c. Richer or poorer? Richer. More savings, less debt, a raise.
What do you wish you'd done more of?
Sewing. A whole six months went by when I didn't even touch my machine.

What do you wish you'd done less of?
Definately, less time on the computer.

How did you spend Christmas?
With my family!!! The first time in six years!

Did you fall in love in 2005?
Yes, I had a new little guy to fall in love with, and I did, head over heals!

What was your favorite TV show?
Don't really have a favorite, but I like Seventh Heaven and Gilmore Girls.

What was the best book you read?
I read a ton of books this year...none really stand out as fantastic. The most memorable is The Time Travelers Wife.

What was your greatest musical discovery of 2005?
Musical discovery?? Can't say I had one...

What did you want and get?
A VBAC

What did you want and not get?
As much I love and adore Jonah and wouldn't trade him now, I would be lying if I didn't say a girl.

What was your favorite film this year?
The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe.

What did you do on your birthday?
Got the boys pictures taken, something I have done on my birthday since Isaac was an infant.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Seeing family more often.

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
Its gotta be a girly color, or have flowers or lace or something feminine on it.

What kept you sane?
My husband...and some chocolate.

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Not sure... although I fancied Michael Moore the LEAST.

What political issue stirred you the most?
How much time do you have?? There are so many...I'll stick with a local one. Our very corrupt elected township officers.

Who did you miss?
My sisters who I rarely see.

Who was the best new person you met?
The boys new pediatriction.

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005.
Babies come when they are good and ready...unless you evict them first.

Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
Its Raining Men...


If your on my list, consider yourself tagged!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A great list! And, your "It's Raining Men" at the end made me laugh out loud! :-D

12:23 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

That was good! I agree with Sandy, that 'It's Raining Men' one had me chuckling. I'll try to get to your tag here soon...

3:01 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I agree too. I love the 'It's Raining Men'. Teehee!

4:02 PM  
Blogger Treasured Grace said...

I try to read your blog everyday and I love your thoughts and ramblings. Thanks for the list today, the last one made me laugh too. Sherri-Ann

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home