Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Pneumonia...

is the verdict. Early this morning I could hear Sammy grunting with each breath from my room. His breathing was actually worse than it was last night, we gave him the oral prednisone that the ER prescribed and that helped alot. I brought Sammy to the ped today for his follow up to the ER visit. They did another breathing treatment at the office, and he has to go back tomorrow. The ped said he is hopeful that we can treat it without a hospital stay. He said not to second guess ourselves and feel bad for poking him with the epi. With how fast the breathing problems came on he said it was the right thing to do (in case it had it been a food reaction). Also,last night he had a pulse oxygen below 90, so thats probably why he acting so woozy.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope Samuel gets better soon! Reese was one the oral Prednisone in the past, nasty stuff. I still can't get her to take medication from a syringe becasue of it.

1:49 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Wow Amie- The same thing happened to Jack with his "croupe" his blood oxygen level was below 90. It is so scary to hear them trying to breathe like that. I hope he can be treated without a hospital stay.

5:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope Sammy is feeling better soon! I am glad you guys were so on top of things so that he got the medical attention he needed. *hugs*

6:09 PM  
Blogger Choppzs said...

Awwww, pneumonia sucks!! I got that while I was pregnant with Zachary and it took two different antibiotics for it to clear up. It must be 10 times worse for a child to get it! I hope he feel better soon, and I hope they can give him something to make him comfortable!

8:23 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Oh poor Sammy. I sure hope he feels better soon!

8:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home