Tuesday, September 27, 2005

E.R Trip for Sammy **Updated**

I'm waiting to hear from Jeremiah as I write this, he brought Sammy to the hospital. All we can figure is that he is allergic to red dye. He ate some red Jello jigglers and soon after he started the telltale wheezing ( I have become very good at recognizing the early signs of a reaction). We gave him some benedryl which usually fends off the attack but not this time. Soon he was making grunting sort of sounds with each breath, than he started acting very sleepy, than he vomited. This is exactly how he acted when he ate eggs for the first time. The allergist said if he ever did that again, to use the epi-pen. His breathing was not getting better, and he would barely respond to his name so Jeremiah used the pen, I couldn't even watch. I'm not sure what it did, because Jeremiah left right after. I can say that he did cry a good bit after he was stuck though.

I just talked to Jeremiah, Sammy is doing fine. Apparently, the dr. didn't think the breathing problem was due to an allergic reaction but to a virus. They gave him a nebulizer treatment and Jeremiah said that really helped. They are on their way home, can't wait to give him snuggles.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

We're praying Amie. Saw it next to Miah's name in Yahoo IM that he took him to the hospital. Please let us know how it all turns out. I sure hope poor Sammy is fine.

8:50 PM  
Blogger Jill Corwin said...

I am praying for Sammy. Keep us posted.Jill

8:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh boy, allergic reactions are so scary. Lots of prayers.

10:17 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Oh my goodness Amie, how scary!!! I am glad he is doing better. It makes me weak in the knees when things like these happen. So so happy he is alright.

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank God!

8:59 AM  
Blogger DDanielle said...

poor little guy hopefully he gets all better soon. Belle sends kisses:-)

9:01 AM  
Blogger Choppzs said...

Poor Sammy, I hope he is doing better today! If it's not one thing, it always seems to be another. Let us all know how he is doing!

11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home