Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Heading North...

First I have to say that Zach and Jamie are fine. She ended up evacuating with the kids to Florida while he had to stay at the shelter on base (something to do with his military job). He checked their house today, and its pretty much unharmed! Not even flooding. How great is that!!! There was virtually no news/pictures about their city even though its right next to Biloxi, so I felt that was a good sign that it faired well.

I have spent the last couple days watching/reading coverage on Katrina and I can say my heart has broken a hundred times. It seems the stories just get sadder. This morning I read about a mom who returned from her workplace where she rode the storm out, only to find her husband and two year old dead. After I read that all I could do was hold my two year old.

Meanwhile, I am packing for our trip to the U.P. We will be leaving tomorrow and returning next Tuesday. We haven't been up there in over a year so we are making the trip for my 10 year reunion.

Anyway, I will be back next week! Unless we can't afford to fill up the tank to get back home and get stranded up there!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that Zach and Jamie and their kids are OK. The pictures and stories coming from the south are heartbreaking, for sure.

Enjoy our time up north, and have safe travels.

9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too, am so glad to hear that Zach and his family are okay. I've been thinking about them as I've watched reports on Katrina, knowing they were in harms way.

Have a good time at your reunion Amie, and a good trip altogether.

7:42 AM  
Blogger Choppzs said...

Thanks for the update, I have been wondering how they were, and how their property was! It breaks my heart to listen to the news, especially the reports of the hospitals where the babies are dying because there is no electricity or food. I am so grateful though for the way America is responding, it gives me hope!

Got the flu here, yup, I wasn't able to escape it. It sucks big time!

10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a great blog here! I am bookmarking you!

I have a sell annuity payment site. It pretty much covers sell annuity payment related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

11:54 AM  
Blogger Me said...

Have a good time up north!

I'm glad Zach and Jamie are safe. Thanks for letting us know.

11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home