Friday, August 19, 2005

Baby Brains, Boys, Blessings

I discovered something cool about having a baby nearly two weeks late. Their brain is two weeks ahead in development! Now, I have not done research to see if its been scientifically proven but it seems that way to me. I am not one to exaggerate, so believe me when I say that Jonah is starting to smile already! I'm talking the wide awake, staring at my face smile. I kept dismissing it, saying "no..." but really its getting hard to deny. When I have a minute, I will try and find out what the "experts" say about this.

I have brought all four boys to the library twice now. I figured its the best place to go for practice before I really have to go somwhere with all of them. Its not a long distance from van to building, there is a huge children's section with nothing they can break, its free, and the librarian (who I know well) is more than happy to hold the baby.

I have to say we have been extremely blessed by our friends and family. We have had dinner provided for us for two weeks now. Wednesday was the one day this week that we didn't have somebody bringing us dinner and low and behold the door bell rings in the afternoon and there is another friend just dropping off a meal! Also, the gifts from family, and the gift cards from our church and Jeremiah's co-workers. Really, I never expected it for our fourth boy. I already need to buy more thank you cards as I ran out of them.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jonah is smiling sooner than expected because he already understands he needs to work fast to keep up with his brothers.

SMILE-Dinners and gifts. It says a lot about your family and the admiration others have for you all.

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an awesome blessing for you! Bringing meals was the best thing ever done for us following a birth.

2:06 AM  
Blogger ~cjoy said...

Who cares what the 'experts' say...my daughter was nearing that 2 weeks late mark and she seemed 'ahead' as well. My husband asked one of the midwives if she'd be at all ahead of on 'on-time' baby, and they said, "No, still just a newborn." We swear she was a month old at birth, though...strong neck, smiles, and ALWAYS follwing us with her focused look. I say Jonah's just mature. heehee! What a beautiful baby boy.

9:51 AM  
Blogger Me said...

I can't believe he's smiling already! That's awesome!!

Sounds like you got a good deal :) I wish I'd a gotten meals brought to me...lol!

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home