Friday, September 21, 2007

Art

This weeks art project was called a "catch all". It involved wrapping a paper bowl in yarn to make a basket. I made one yesterday to see how difficult this was because it seemed a little bit much for young kids. After I made one myself, I did feel it was a bit too hard for the boys and was going to skip this lesson but they had already saw me making one and insisted on doing it. The boys started out eagerly enough, after all it involves glue and they love anything that involves glue. Isaac actually ended up in tears because he couldn't get it right, but I finally convinced him to just do his best and not worry about doing it wrong. In the end, they had fun because ,after all, it did involve glue. However, I would say this is more of a 10 years old and up thing for anybody interested.

Speaking of Art, I brought our 4 month old piece of God's handiwork to her checkup today. She weighs 11 pounds 8 ounces, still chugging along in the 5-10 percentile. She is 24 inches long. She was quite charming and smiley to everybody and got fussed over appropriately.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That art project does look sticky and a bit challenging!

I'm glad your sweet pea is doing well and hanging in there on the weight charts. She has now topped my birth weight! How was Jonah's weight at his 2 year appt?

8:06 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

Yes, she is finally bigger then even the biggest newborns!

I can't remember Jonah's exact weight...24 pounds I think. He was also between the 5-10 percentile, which was pretty good considering his weight hasn't even been ON the chart since he was one.

8:56 PM  
Blogger Risa said...

What is it with boys and their preference to go without a shirt? Luke will peel his off at any given moment...maybe it makes them feel more manly! LOL

1:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow.. that would be a very challenging project here as well.. I can't imagine how frustrating that would be for my boys.. at least the glue was involved. ;) What's more fun than glue??

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home