Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Mom Laws

Here are a few "mom laws" that i've gotten a refresher course on recently:
  1. If your one year old is happy and content, even singing baby jabber, for more than 60 seconds...check on him! This applies even if he is sitting right behind your chair.
  2. As soon as you buy a new sippy cup, the lost one will immediately surface.
  3. Four small boys and a kitchen full of white cupboards don't mix.
  4. Do Not put their church clothes on them until you are ready to walk out the door.
  5. Do not assume that it's clean just because it was in their drawer.
  6. Check their bedroom often for food.
  7. The baby or the dog always did it (once you learn to talk, your always innocent).
  8. Eventually, the phrase is it my turn? becomes the equivalent of fingernails on a chalkboard.
  9. "Mommy, your cool" covers a multitude of sin.
  10. Do not buy superhero band-aids unless you want them to be used as stickers.

8 Comments:

Blogger Kate O'Brien said...

I love it! All of it is SO true. I especially love the sippy cup one and the superhero band-aid one.

6:47 AM  
Blogger DDanielle said...

Funny. Yeah we have learned already not to put Daniel in his good clothes until we are ready to go. Its also cute to see him roll around in nothing but a diaper anyways.

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bandaid point made me laugh out loud. In our house it is "Princess stickers."

8:37 AM  
Blogger Kether said...

omigosh the first one! Did you catch when Liam colored my leg with a marker? A LOT! I could hear him and he was singing and I THOUGHT he was rubbing my leg with the pen cap!

11:28 AM  
Blogger nikko said...

Amie,
Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm a big lurker and love to find new "friends" in blogland!

We have lots in common -- all boys, love to sew, and we actually lived in MI for 3 years before we moved to TX. I miss it so much.

I'm ROFL at your mom rules. Esp. the church clothes one. My 6 year old went to church with choc. milk splats on his white shirt!

2:06 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Great list Amie! Jack is always putting dirty clothes back in the drawer. LOL I think moms everywhere can totally relate to your list, even add a few! LOL

5:16 PM  
Blogger Me said...

Too funny!

9:51 PM  
Blogger Anita said...

very true! Now that i have a boy, I totally get it;)

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home