Friday, September 29, 2006

Cool Site and More

I was randomly blog surfing tonight, and at this blog I learned about this site called Dailylit.com. You can have books sent little by little to your email every day. These are books that are public domain, which includes many of the classics. I signed up for Oliver Twist, Don Quixote and Wuthering Heights. It will take several months to read them, but that's fine.

This evening, I saw Animal Planet was airing The Ugliest Dog in the Nation Contest. I thought the boys might enjoy it so we tuned in. I think the concept went over Elijah's head. He took one look at the first dog and recoiled a bit and said "but it's not cute".

Yesterday, we turned our heat on for the first time this year. I hate turning on the heat before October, but it was just too cold. I turned the thermostat up and waited...and waited...and waited. I must of checked the furnace 10 times. Was I missing something? Was it even making noise? Anything? I could already see our trip money going to fix the furnace. Finally, when Jeremiah got home I told him I didn't think the furnace was working. "There must be a switch or something here somewhere" he said looking around. "No, there's not, do you know how many times I loo...oh, wait, what's that switch there on the wall?" He flicked it and immediately the furnace fired up. I swear..I swear that switch was not there before!

6 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

I think I've done that switch thing before too! And, we've had the furnace on for maybe a week or 2 now....but set WAY low! I hate having it on already too. I'm not looking forward to the high gas bills again.

Have a great weekend!

9:27 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

The heat???? WHAT is THAT? Just think, in a few weeks you'll be enjoying some warmer weather, although its 'cooling off' a bit here for us!

6:16 PM  
Blogger Kate O'Brien said...

I wish it would get cool here! We are still wearing shorts.

Thanks for passing along the book website info. I will check it out.

11:48 PM  
Blogger Anita said...

Cool Link! Thanks. I'm still waiting to turn on the heat. I just keep throughing more layers on and do a lot of cooking LOL. I almost had dh build a fire last night but the idea of keeping ds(1yr) out of it all night sounded tiring :)

9:21 AM  
Blogger Genevieve said...

oh, no, the heat!

(I still have my a/c on - it's not that hot anymore, but I can't have the windows open because of allergies, so a/c it is.)

11:49 AM  
Blogger andria said...

Oh dear....the heat....I don't even know what that is. Our AC is still cranking at full blast, its in the nineties here still. I really miss fall and winter too actually. We might turn ours on around Christmas, usually for about a month and then we are back to the AC. Enjoy it, I would love to curl up in some sweats and have some hot apple cider and watch the leaves fall.

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home