Tuesday, June 27, 2006

R & R

Reading and Relaxation. Lately, i've been spending the better part of the day sitting in the shade reading while the boys play outside. As a mom, there are few opportunities where you can enjoy true guilt-free reading. One is while breastfeeding, and another is while you sit outside with your children. We're not outside for five minutes before neighbor kids are wandering over to play, which to me is the sign of a healthy neighborhood.

The other day I spend a while talking to our next door neighbor, who also happens to go to our church. We have never met in church even though we have both been going for years, that gives you an idea how big our church is. Anyway, I was so happy to hear her mention her Dr. Sears baby book. A Christian AP mom next door? Unbelievable.

When people told us that God had the perfect place for us, I would nod and agree. I'm not sure I really believed it though. I do now!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you are relaxing, reading, and really enjoying your new home and neighborhood. It definitely sounds like God led you to exactly where you needed to be!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

That is SO cool that you have such a good neighborhood and people that go to your church nearby. I love sitting outside reading too, but it is too hot here to do that!

5:15 PM  
Blogger Choppzs said...

Yep, that sounds really nice, but it is also to hot here to do that!! lol

5:21 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I can't remember the last time I read anything but kids books. Yep, motherhood is great, but I miss the books

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home