Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day

To My Dad
The summer before I left for college, I worked the night shift at a local hotel. My dad asked the village cops (he used to be village manager, so he knew them) to please drive by a couple times a night. LOL Thats my dad. Gotta love him.

And My Husband
I have been with Jeremiah for a long time. I have seen him go from riding a bike to a car. I have seen him graduate high school, basic training and college. I have seen him go from 160 pounds to over 200 (on purpose!). I have seen him go from bagging groceries to supporting a family of six. I have seen him grow spiritually and intellectually.

The best part, however, was seeing him become a dad. Our boys are very very blessed to have such a great dad. Jonah is still a mama's boy, but Jeremiah keeps reminding me that in a few months he will be his too.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day to Miah! (And to Uncle Peter too!)

8:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to add my belated Happy Father's Day to Miah, and to my brother Peter also. Involved Dads are a blessing to kids, and giving to kids comes back to them many times over (Moms too).

7:50 AM  
Blogger Choppzs said...

Isn't that how it always goes? Once the boys start getting older and wanting to walk and run around, they automatically go straight to the dad. Dad's are always the one's who get to get down and play and rough house. We are just the sympathizers, feeders, and comforters!! lol They need us when they are hungry or need a hug!! That's the best part though, those hugs!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

What a wonderful post!!

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home