Friday, January 14, 2005

Ice Cream Diet

I'm following a diet that is supposed to prevent pre-eclampsia. The first thing on the list is this:

# One quart (4 glasses) or more of milk. Any kind will do: whole milk, low fat, skim, buttermilk, or cheese, yogurt, ice cream, etc....

I was showing Jeremiah and I jokingly said "look, I can eat one quart of ice cream everyday!" Jeremiah ended up running to the store later and brought home a gallon of ice cream! I wasn't serious, really I wasn't.

I just wanted to add that even though the diet comes from the Bradley Method website, I am not doing the Bradley Method. I attempted this with Isaac and ended up feeling like a huge failure for taking a shot of stadol. The "relaxation" just didn't do a thing for my back labor.

2 Comments:

Blogger Choppzs said...

Isn't it amazing what your husbands will do for you when your pregnant?? lol Sometimes I wish I was pregnant all the time just to get what I want!! :)
It was awfully sweet though for him to do that!

5:45 PM  
Blogger Admin said...

I did Bradley method as well with my son. I had a home birth, so there was no way to get drugs :) I had a lot of back labor as well. The most important thing that I learned, though, was to take control of your body and your health. I was one of 2 people to want a home birth. The other lady had complications and went to the hospital, but she was in control and had the people she wanted present with her. Another lady had seizures and had to have a c-section. She and her husband took control when the doctor wasn't going to allow him into the delivery room. My point is don't let the method make you feel like a failure. As long as you are in control and doing what is right for you then that's the point of the method.

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home