Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Seven Sevens

Blest With Sons tagged me for this.

Seven things I hope to do before I die:
1. Have a daughter (one can hope).
2. Have some kind of business based on sewing.
3. Grow a magnificent garden.
4. Learn to enjoy cooking.
5. Spoil a few grandbabies.
6. Wear out a lot more walking shoes.
7. Get better at sending notes and cards to people I care about.

Seven things I cannot do:
1. Keep my bedroom neat. Never in my entire life.
2. Comfortably sit in direct sunlight. A little voice in my head screams "shade! shade!"
3. Sing.
4. Stop eating chocolate. I've tried.
5. Force myself to read something uninteresting.
6. Pay full price for anything.
7. Talk in front of a group of people without blushing. I'm probably turning red just thinking about it.

Seven things that attract me to my spouse (significant other, best friend)
1. His gorgeous brown eyes.
2. He never complains about my cooking.
3. He is constantly educating himself.
4. He votes on his principals even when his candidate doesn't stand a chance.
5. He reads his Bible every day.
6. He is not embarrased to wear a baby in a sling.
7. He is an incredible father.

Seven things I say often
1. Stop that!
2. Hang on...
3. Is that how we ask?
4. Get out of the fridge!
5. Than don't eat it.
6. I can only do one thing at a time.
7. ____ come here.

Seven books or book series I love
1. Anne of Green Gables series - L.M. Montgomery
2. The Zion Covenant series - Bodie & Brock Thoene
3. Little House on the Prairie series - Laura Ingalls Wilder
4. The Mark of the Lion series - Francine Rivers
5. Emily series - L.M. Montgomery
6. Love Comes Softly/ Canadian West Series' - Janette Oak
7. The Heritage of Lancaster County series - Beverly Lewis

Seven movies I would watch over and over again
1. Anne of Green Gables
2. Emma
3. Witness
4. Kate & Leopold
5. It's a Wonderful Life
6. Breakfast at Tiffany's
7. Roman Holiday

Seven people I want to join in this “Seven Sevens” meme
1. Melissa
2. Sandy
3. Risa
4. Jamie
5. Bekah
6. Genevieve
7. Kether

11 Comments:

Blogger Kether said...

I've worn out my Anne tapes and need to get them on DVD...do you know the only disappointment when I found I was having a boy was that I wouldn't be able to share Anne with him the way my mother shared Anne with me?

Loved these lists. From my messy bedroom to yours ;)

5:39 PM  
Blogger Amie said...

Kether,
I've said the same thing! I would love to be able to share Anne and Laura with a daughter.

5:53 PM  
Blogger WendyWings said...

Your book list shows you really do need a girl one day :)
( or at the very least lots of grandaughters ~)
BTW the extended casting call will go for about another 12 hours from NOW so you have plenty of time to pop back and read for me again LOL)

6:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have too much in common. ;)

8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my co-workers has four grown sons (no daughters) but has all granddaughters! She plays dolls with them and is taking the oldest one (age 5) to the Nutcracker!

P.S. My list of Sevens is up. :-)

9:19 PM  
Blogger eph2810 said...

Ha - mine is up too - I know you couldn't tag me because of Blest - but I still wanted to read your list and I had to get someone else for my tag - because Melissa was on yours already - lol...

11:02 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Hopefully one day you'll have that girl... My list is done too.

12:12 AM  
Blogger DDanielle said...

Hey Amie, just stopping by because Wendy sent me. Go figure we both surfed onto the same blog today:-)

4:29 PM  
Blogger Molly said...

If you learn a trick for sitting in direct sunlight, be sure to pass it along as I suffer from that same "malady"

7:50 PM  
Blogger Mandi said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, thought I'd browse yours! We have much in common. I was homeschooled myself! Lots of our favorites in common too!

8:13 AM  
Blogger Elena LaVictoire said...

"1. Have a daughter (one can hope)."


Take heart!

After four sons in a row, I had my first daughter at 40 and my second daughter 6 months ago at the age of 46! Miracles happen. : )

7:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home