Thursday, February 03, 2005

Solitude

For the first time since October I walked outside. It was nice. My outdoor walk not only provides an hour of brisk exercise, but an hour of solitude. A priceless hour to be alone with my thoughts and listen to talk radio or Focus on the Family. I know it may be awhile before the weather allows for daily walks, but for now I will take every one I can get!

On another tangent, 3:30 a.m. found me on the couch with Sammy trying to teach him to say his name. "SSSSSSSS-ammy" I would say. "SSSSSSS....mama" he would reply. Even at that hour I thought it was funny.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's so important to have alone time to just kind of check in with yourself and get away from the day-to-day demands of life. I'm glad that you take that time for yourself when you can -- and the fresh air and exercise are definitely an added bonus!

Your stories about your boys are always a joy to read.

Sandy B.

2:41 PM  
Blogger Me said...

I miss not being able to take walks. That is what I dispise most about this time of year. It must have been nice to get out and enjoy it while you can...or at least until Spring arrives again. Glad you got to have some "you" time. We all need that from time to time.

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home